Thursday, July 16, 2020

2.1 ICEBRAKERS Song of the Open Road





*2.1 SONG OF THE OPEN ROAD BY WALT WHITMAN
*

      *_*ICEBRAKERS**_

Choose the mode of travel that you would like the most for a journey.

a)    Airways        b) Waterways     
c) Railways          d) Roadways

Give reasons for your preference.



I would like to prefer Railways-

a)   Work, Family Trips, pilgrimage, touring , all kinds of journeys are possible and affordable for everyone.

b)  safe, quick to travel long distances

c)   For long journey it is very comfortable.

d)     Well Equipped with many facilities like toilet, catering, AC & sleeper coach.

e) Convenient for overnight journey - no extra cost for night stay and rest.

f) View of passing landscapes

g) opportunity to meet people.



Discuss with your partner, the preparations you would like to make for the journey chosen.


a)    First, I would like to choose the destination & work out the plan to reach there.

b)    Booking the taxi and lodging of my destination.

c)     Well preparation for essential luggage, medicine kit, money / credit cards etc.

d)   Planning for visiting places, their best time to see & nearest route of that place.



 Discuss the ways in which you would overcome the problems/ hindrances/ difficulties you face during your journey.

a) I would like to inform my family about the problem.

a)    If I suffer from illness, I will visit nearest hospital & follow the doctor’s prescription.

b)   In case of shortage of cash, I will use my credit cards & prefer online banking.

c)     If I lose my essential documents/mobile phone/ luggage etc. I will visit the nearest police station and report it.

d)   Unfortunately, if the weather changes, I will take shelter to nearest lodge or accommodation.




During every journey we have to observe certain rules. Discuss your ideas of the journey without any restrictions. You can begin like this-


a)    I would go with my selected friends since we work well as team even though we have varied of interests

b)   I would like to take my own car.

c)     I would prefer/select the place where I can enjoy. My friends and I love to have fun.

d)   In my journey I would like to wear different dresses without any kind of restrictions.

e) we will be sure to never speed or drive rashly.



No comments:

Featured Post

Appreciation of the poem and Figure of speech - 2.2 The Sower

                                        Std- 11th English         2.2 The Sower - Victor Hugo  Appreciation of the poem and   Figure of spe...